Friday, March 15, 2013

Hey everyone!!!

     Manipulation. I don't mean playing the violin or driving a car with masterful intent. No, I mean using someone or a group of people for profit.

     We have all been manipulated and taught that we were being socialized. Not true. We were being manipulated. Period. The people who thought they were socializing us were manipulated in to thinking that.

     Lets take one example that relates to addictions and why remission from addictions can be so difficult. My example? Sales. Over and over on any typical day we are bombarded with messages that manipulate us into WANTING TO FILL A HOLE.

To have the right car.
To have the right phone.
The right friends.
The right enemies.
Clothing.
Art.
Attitude.
To be right.
Have others be wrong.
Be perfect.
Have the perfect bodies.
The right religion.
White teeth.
To be accepted, loved, cared for, appreciated, and always do what's right.

     That's just for starts, you can add your own wants if you care too. Remember the hole in a previous blog? Well hundreds of times a day we are manuvered and manipulated in to thinking that there is a way to fill that whole. It all seems to involve handing our money or authority over to someone who has the answer.

     So it seems that, from birth, we are being manipulated in to addictions. On top of addictions. On top of addictions.

     It's all connected.

     So what am I going to do? I have made the decision, due to my Zen and Sufi studies, that I am going to start becoming more aware of how I try to manipulate, in the negative way, people, places, and things.

     I am going to make this part of my awareness practice from now on. And. I think my life just got a whole lot simpler. I think and feel that this is going to free up a lot of energy and time.

     If you have any thoughts or suggestions concerning how we can give up manipulating please contact me. I would welcome any input.

 With Love, Bryan

    

      













No comments:

Post a Comment