Monday, March 18, 2013

My opionion about Truth and Opinion

Hi.

   Being in remission takes a lot of awareness. We need to pare our lives down to the basics in physical, spiritual, emotional, and intellectual arenas. Why? Simple makes it difficult for relapse to hide. My addictive brain likes to make the world really complicated. That gives it better odds on being in control, confusion will lead to lack of direction.

Today I want to clarify Truth.

I was asked a question earlier today concerning the concept of Truth. My friend simply asked me what I thought the "Truth" was? Here was my answer.

I close my eyes. Take a deep breath. And. Open my eyes. What is in front of me is the Truth. My action in the moment is the Truth. Then my brain kicks in and starts telling me stories about what's in front of me, that's Opinion. Then my actions start to respond to my opinion that's me being lost.

Truth is not a "Something." It's not like a rock or a cow or a book or a Tibetan Snow Leopard. You can't take a picture of it, or sculpt it, or make it a God, or "find it" somewhere on a mountain. It's a verb.You Truth like you would run or drive, dive, breath, or sing. Truth is a movement in time right now. Truth is not the song, it's the singing.

If I a fighting for my life, that is theTruth. If I am making love, that is the Truth. Washing dishes = Truth.
Watching grass grow = Truth. Listening to music = Truth. Painting a picture = Truth. (not the picture, just the act of painting!)

Doing = Truth

Maybe Truthing can be a new word. I am in the action of Truthing. (My spell check really hates this.)

This is not a position that anxious people like to take. Or people who think that their Opinion is the Truth. Like you can identify Truth, lock it up, and when anyone wants to see it you unlock your box of Truth, haul it out and exhibit it to them.

Politicians, Lawyers, so called Spiritual leaders, Marketing engineers, in fact almost any authority figure will try to convince you that they "know" the Truth.

Except they can't really define it. You can describe running but to "know" running you have to be doing it.

I ask: How can something defined as Truth be used to kill other peoples families to make it true? I mean it's that bad. We literally kill each other over what we perceive as True politics, religions, philosophy, and yes stuff like Oil. Go figure.

What we are really killing each other over is the Opinion of the Truth. Opinions seem to encourage the building of castles. We build walls of Opinions around ourselves supposedly to protect the Truth in the middle. And. We kill each other to prove the point. Except there is nothing there in the middle.

So Truth is a verb.
Opinion is a position. ( I wish I could get rid of opinion, but it's sticky and embedded, the good news is that it melts away in Truthing.)

So I am going to keep Truthing every second, I like the way it makes me feel. And. In my remission avoid opinion and avoid trying to imply that I "know" the truth.
(Anyway  that's my opinion!!)

Love you, Bryan





No comments:

Post a Comment