Monday, April 29, 2013

Hi.
One day I was at a hospital with a friend who has stage four cancer. We were waiting on her appointment.
There was a woman sitting across from us.
She was beautiful.
I mean beautiful.
She was dying.
Soon.
Yet.
She made herself up.
Dressed really well.
Had a positive attitude.
She said that even though her cancer was not curable.
She would not give up.
She cared about herself.
I keep thinking about her.

Part two.
I don't have stage four cancer.
I can actually stop what's killing me.

Love, Bryan

2 comments:

  1. Bryan- I have two friends with cancer. One of them is a friend my age with breast cancer and the other is a 12 year old precious little girl. Both
    Of them would give anything for the life I have. I think about that daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every pain there is comes with a lesson.
      I hurt over all of this.
      And.
      The pain reminds me I am human.
      I have worked with families who have lost babies.
      I wonder a lot about that.
      How fortunate I am.
      And
      Embarrassed sometimes about my whining about my life.
      I love you.
      Great response. I need to hear more from you.
      Love.
      Bryan

      Delete